Founders’ stories from the trenches
- How do you get a $6 million investment based on a single tweet?
- Who provided shelter to the founders of Kazaa, chased by recording industry lawyers, while they built their next project – Skype?
- Why did two Swedes decide to move from Stockholm to Berlin and start SoundCloud there?
As a cofounder of the technology blog Tech.eu and a writer for publications such as Forbes, Mreza (in Croatia) and others, over the past several years I’ve interviewed some of Europe’s most ambitious and successful technology entrepreneurs. They have created amazing companies such as SoundCloud, Prezi, Last.fm, Mendeley, Fon, Deezer, Supercell and many others – yet they are often overlooked by the media in favor of American founders and CEO’s.
After years of interviews and research, I’ve collected stories and interviews with 28 of these entrepreneurs, from all across Europe, in a book: “The European Startup Revolution”. Five years in the making, the book covers their experiences, failures and successes. In covering such a long time span, it gives the reader a unique perspective of how they started out and where they are today.
You’ll want to read this book if you’re a:
- Startup founder wise enough to learn from other people’s mistakes – not just her own 🙂
- User of one of the many products created by these entrepreneurs who’s curious about the back stories behind them
- VC or angel investor who wants to help her or his investees on their difficult journey
- Professional trapped in a corporation who needs just that additional bit of inspiration to take the plunge and – finally – go for the entrepreneurial dream
- None of the above – but still curious about the stories and experiences of the women and men in the book
Europeans still burn with the passion that led our ancestors to navigate the globe. There’s no better way to learn about the European leaders than The European Startup Revolution!
- Foreword by Robin Wauters
- Zemanta – Boštjan Špetič and Andraž Tori
- Seesmic, LeWeb – Loic Le Meur
- FanDuel – Lesley & Nigel Eccles
- Atlas Ventures, Accel Partners – Fred Destin
- Skimlinks – Alicia Navarro
- Playfish, EA, Super Evil Megacorp – Kristian Segerstrale
- Last.fm, Passion Capital – Stefan Glänzer
- Rebate Networks – Michael Brehm
- Dailymotion – Cedric Tournay
- PriceMinister, Rakuten, Kernel Investissements – Pierre Kosciusko-Morizet
- GetJar, Nextury Ventures – Ilja Laurs
- Seedcamp – Reshma Sohoni and Carlos Eduardo Espinal
- Seedcamp, Index Ventures, The Accelerator Group Saul Klein
- Supercell – Ilkka Paananen
- LundXY – Morten Lund
- Mendeley – Victor Henning
- Prezi – Adam Somlai-Fischer and Peter Halacsy
- SoundCloud – Alexander Ljung
- 500 Startups – Dave McClure
- Deezer, Plizy, StreamNation – Jonathan Benassaya
- Business Model Generation – Alexander Osterwalder
- Fon – Martin Varsavsky
- Techstars London – Jon Bradford
- Huddle, SoftTech VC – Andy McLoughlin
- Nordeus – Branko Milutinović
- TransferWise – Taavet Hinrikus
- Rimac Automobili – Mate Rimac
- Iskon, MicroBlink, PhotoMath – Damir Sabol